Nelson Hill Winery
- Based in Philo, California (Anderson Valley)
- Tasting room by appointment only
- Produces 250-350 cases per year of Pinot Noir from their single vineyard - Deep End Vineyard in Anderson Valley
2014 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- Produced 279 cases
- 100% Pinot Noir, clones 114, 115, 777 and Pommard.
- 100% French Oak, 30% new
- 94 Point rating from Pinotfile
Bold and complex. Deep ruby garnet in the glass with aromas of cassis and blackberry. On the palate is a delicious burst of black cherry. The finish is lush and vibrant with a bit of spice and a hint of black tea. The slightly burly tannins will lend to great aging potential. Pair with a strong cheese or chocolate dessert. It will also stand up to stronger Italian fare as well as a nice ribeye steak.