Notre Vue Estate Winery & Vineyards
- Based in Windsor, CA
- Family owned by Bob and Renee Stein. On 710 acres spanning Russian River Valley and Chalk Hill AVA’s. 225 acres are planted of which they sell 80% of the grapes to other well known wineries in Sonoma and Napa.
- Tasting room at 11010 Estate Lane, Windsor, CA 95492; open Thursday to Monday (call ahead) and by appointment on other days
- Produces less than 3000 cases annually
2012 Balverne Estate Red
- Produced 533 cases
- 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot, 5% Malbec
- Aged in 50% new French Oak for 2 years
Cabernet predominates in this particular Claret, but the Merlot is the silent partner that accentuates the cassis and currant fruit of the Cab and combines with its bigger tannins to silken the mouths feel. A small amount of Malbec adds soft black fruit like blueberry and plum. Both Merlot and Malbec bring mid-palate richness and, with carefully chosen French Oak, promote a long and complex finish.