- The estate/vineyards are in the Coombsville AVA in Napa. The wine is produced at Monticello/Corley Family Wines (Chris Corley is the winemaker)
- No public tasting room. Tastings by appointment only
- Produces 3,000 cases annually
- Paul Maroon bought the property 20 years ago and initially sold grapes to Joseph Phelps for their Insignia blend. After realizing the high quality of our estate fruit, he decided to produce his own label, and Maroon's first vintage was in 2008
2014 Chiles Valley (Napa Valley) Reserve Zinfandel
- 225 cases produced
- 100% Zinfandel
- Aged in 30% New Oak (Hungarian, French, American) for 14 months on the lees.
This 2014 Zinfandel comes from old vines in Chiles Valley, and is a very fruit-driven, exuberant wine. This wine shows bright plum and blackberry aromas, intertwined with spicy raspberry. There are hints of baking spices and streaks of vanilla from the new barrels. On the palate, the wine is well balanced with medium weight, with spicy berry flavors consistent with the aromas. This Zinfandel ends with a long finish and a nice, light streak of acidity.
Winery price: $60.00