- The Meadowcroft tasting room is located at 23574 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, in the Cornerstone community of artisan stores - right in the heart of Sonoma valley
- Produces ~8,000 cases per year
- Meadowcroft has ~15 different wines from Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino and Lodi.
- Meadowcroft is the namesake of Winegrower Tom Meadowcroft. The meaning of Meadowcroft is a fertile field or meadow and croft refers to a cultivated area that has been nurtured over time.
- The honeybee on the label symbolizes this conscientious work and the process of transformation from wine grapes into an outstanding wine.
2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 450 cases produced
- 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot, and 5% Merlot
- Aged 18 months in 30% new French Oak
- This wine is very French Bordeaux in style, with the intensity of California spirit.
This is a fresh, elegant, dark fruit-driven and lightly herbal Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Typical blackcurrant and blueberry aromas fill out the nose and the initial impression on the palate, with some cheerful and soft red raspberry. Subtle at first but more apparent with exposure and time, there is a pleasantly bitter catch of perfume on the palate, light hints of warm cinnamon and a refreshing mint–herbal tea aroma.
The wine conceals its alcohol well, even seeming slightly light-bodied; lively and refreshing acid complements and draws out what otherwise might be a faint, delicate herbal aspect. Winemaking is restrained, showcasing instead the quality and the character of the grapes
Winery price: $60.00