Rafael et Fils
- Small, family-owned winery in Napa Valley that produces ~1,500 cases per year.
- Most of the production is Cabernet Sauvignon, and then smaller parts of an estate Chardonnay, and a single vineyard Pinot Noir sourced from the Elke Home Ranch in the Anderson Valley. All the wines thus are single vineyard, single varietal, no blends, and show a strong sense of place.
- There is no tasting room. Tastings by appointment only. Please contact the winery for details.
2014 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1,007 cases produced
- 100% Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 40% new French Oak for 23 months
The wine is a profound ruby purple in color. Classic aromas of blackberry, cedar, black currant and licorice are initially expressed. With time in the glass, complex notes of sage, clove, graphite, pencil shavings and plum are also revealed. The wine has an powerful, savory and elegant structure that allows it to be enjoyed on its own or with food. The experience is capped off by an opulent smooth long finish highlighted by black cherry, and an invigorating gravelly minerality. Additional layers of complexity and richness will be revealed over multiple days. The wine will age gracefully for 15-20 years.