Q1 2022 - Wine Club Shipment
Welcome to your Q1 2022 Wine Club shipment!
The wines included in the club shipment were approved by the WineSavage Tasting Panel.
On behalf of the Wine Club, we have negotiated special pricing with the wineries that enables you to purchase these at ‘wine club prices’, without being beholden to a single winery’s club.
If you wish to reorder any of these wines, visit our online shop to order a-la-carte selections at discounted prices.
Bedarra Wines (Order Now)
- Located in Healdsburg, CA– Bedarra Wines does not currently have a tasting room.
- Produces 350 cases per year of Beachfront, plus a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Malbec.
- Bedarra is the name of an Island off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia where the owners went on their honeymoon. Their little vineyard is their version of paradise (similar to the private island they stayed at).
- Beachfront's name is inspired by their trip by curating a wine where "the tropics meet the vineyard".
2020 Beachfront Dry Creek Valley White Blend
- 100 cases produced.
- 80% Sauvignon Blanc, 20% Chardonnay
- Sauvignon Blanc was fermented in all stainless steel. The Chardonnay was produced in neutral oak for 9 months.
The wine exhibits a perfect balance of bright tropical fruit, silky texture and a crisp clean finish. Described as 'Summer in a Glass" by fans of the wine, it is a perfect complement to relaxing on the beach, by the pool or in your backyard.
Winery Price: $28.00
Orentano Wines (Order Now)
- Located in Windsor, CA. There is no public tasting room.
- Produce ~250 cases per year of Pinot Noir from their Estate vineyard.
2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- 235 cases produced.
- 100% Pinot Noir.
- 18 months in 40% new French Oak.
The 2017 Orentano Pinot Noir has a dark rich color with black cherries, raspberries, and blueberries on the nose. On the palate, it’s pleasantly dry with light and very fine tannins. Highlighted flavors are fresh raspberry, strawberry jam and pomegranate with hints of oak and vanilla. This is a full bodied, balanced wine with great mouthfeel. Enjoy with salmon, duck, pork, and mushroom based dishes.
Winery Price: $35.00
Bella Grace (Order Now)
- Located in the heart of the Sierra Foothills in Plymouth, CA – Amador County Wine Country.
- TWO tasting rooms: One in Sutter Creek, CA and their Vineyard & Cave in Plymouth, CA
- Produce ~10,000 cases per year.
- Their main varietals are Barbera and Zinfandel, but from the Estate property they also produce Syrah, Petite Sirah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Primitivo, Grenache Blanc, Vermentino and Albarino.
- Bella Grace is a family run operation and truly have a passion to provide quality wine & amazing experiences.
2017 Combination GSM
- 300 cases produced.
- 68% Mourvedre, 25% Grenache, 7% Syrah, estate grown in Amador County
- 20% New French Oak, and 60% Neutral for 21 months
If big and bold wines are in your wheelhouse, this is the wine for you. The combination of 68% Mourvedre, 26% Grenache and 7% Syrah creates a bold nose of dark fruit, a deep color purple and a big mouth feel. The tannins are even across the palate and smooth feeling. The finish is explosive. Drink now or lay down for several years.
Winery Price: $34.00
Surh Cellars (Order Now)
- Surh Cellars is located in Napa, CA. No tasting room open to the public.
- They produce 1,500-2,000 cases per year across 8-10 wines: Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux Blend, Syrah, Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Chardonnay and a few different Pinots.
- 350 cases produced.
- Merlot 51%, Cabernet Sauvignon 41%, Cabernet Franc 8%
- 30 months in 30% New French Oak, 70% once used French Oak
Much like our high elevation Cabernets, this Mosaique would benefit from cellar age. We have been tasting it over two days as it needs slowly reveals plum, cherry, dark chocolate, spice notes but it is a full bodied, grippy wine in its youth. It is similar to the 2015 but with more intensity. As in the past, we are delighted at how well they age. Hopefully you have some of our past vintage Mosaiques to enjoy now while this sleeps in your cellar.
Winery Price: $33.00
Vermillion (Order Now)
- Based in Napa, they have a tasting room for their primary label Keplinger Wines in downtown Napa.
- Produce less than 1,000 cases per year
Cult winemaker Helen Keplinger, makes this wine from the vineyards to the bottle, working closely with grape growers from awesome little vineyard sites in Napa Valley, Sonoma County, and the Sierra Foothills. They’ve sought out interesting sites with great dirt, farm them with care and thought, and use traditional winemaking to craft honest wine and make an artisanal red wine blend to match any occasion, any food, any time. The quality of wine is based on the quality of all its inputs – good vineyards, smart farming, pure and focused winemaking – ultimately attention and TLC at every step.
2018 Vermillion Red Blend
- 375 cases produced.
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvede, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petite Sirah, with 31% from Sonoma and 69% from the Sierra Foothills
- 16 100% French oak.
The 2018 Vermillion has a beautiful perfume of raspberry and strawberry fruits as well as notes of white pepper and flowers. It's ripe, seamless, and plush on the palate, with lots of Grenache sexiness, yet it stays nicely balanced and has fine tannins
Winery Price: $35.00
Okapi Wines (Order Now)
- Small, family-owned winery in Napa.
- Tasting room by appointment at the Caves at Soda Canyon in Napa.
- Produce 300-500 cases per year across Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Rose and red blends.
As a young lawyer in the 1980s, Dan Johnson handled a legal matter for a well-known winemaker, which sparked his interest in wine and dreams of having a vineyard in Napa Valley.
In 2006, his dream became a reality. Dan, and his wife Kim, transformed a walnut orchard into a vineyard. Although his business his relatively small — Okapi produces about 300 cases a year — what the winery lacks in quantity is made up in quality with award-winning wines that zing with innovation and creativity.
The winery’s name comes from the mysterious okapi (pronounced oh-KAH-pee), a rarely seen relative of the giraffe with a long tongue and velvety zebra-like stripes that make it impossible to find in its habitat - the mountain rainforest of equatorial Africa. Dan and Kim Johnson say that their wine is as rare and unique as its elusive namesake, found only on one small dot on the planet.
2012 Oak Knoll Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- 300 cases produced.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 22 months in 75% new French oak, unfiltered
Rich aromas fill the glass of the 2012 Okapi Cab with dark summer berries, cassis, cocoa, toasty French oak and a hint of cracked pepper. Bold, fleshy and dense, the ripe flavors create a luxuriously textured montage of blackberries, black plums and cocoa on a solid tannic structure. Considerable density at the core of this wine indicates that it will continue to open and evolve with grace and style over the next 20 years.
Winery Price: $125.00