Q1 2023 - Wine Club Shipment
Welcome to your Q1 2023 Wine Club shipment!
The wines included in the club shipment were approved by the WineSavage Tasting Panel.
On behalf of the Wine Club, we have negotiated special pricing with the wineries that enables you to purchase these at ‘wine club prices’, without being beholden to a single winery’s club.
If you wish to reorder any of these wines, visit our online shop to order a-la-carte selections at discounted prices.
Keller Estate - 2020 Estate Chardonnay (Order Now)
- Winery is located in Petaluma, California
- Tastings Room open by reservation only
- Produce ~3,000 cases annually focusing mainly on Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah
2020 Chardonnay - Oro De Plata - Petaluma Gap
- 273 Cases Produced
- Petaluma Gap
- Fermented in Stainless Steel and aged in neutral oak
- 100% Old Wente Clone
- Harvest date September 10, 2020
- Bottled date June 8th, 2021
Bright aromas of lemon curd, crisp green apple, and jasmine excite the senses, while notes of orchard fruit meld with creamy lees and mineral nuances on the palate. The elegant balance of fruit, acid, and rich mouthfeel leads to a long, rounded finish.
"The 2020 Chardonnay Oro De Plata is bright with lime zest, crushed rock, and fresh pear that carries over to the palate. Medium-bodied and silky textured, with fresh, energetic citrus and mineral lift, this white delivers a very pure and clean style to enjoy over the next 6-8 years." Audrey Frick.
Winery Price: $40.00
Norris Estate - 2020 Reserve Pinot Noir (Order Now)
- Winery is located on NE Ribbon Ridge Rd, Newberg Oregon
- Tastings Room is open by appointment only
- Produce ~1000 -2000 cases annually amongst five different wines with focus on Pinot Noir and Riesling
- 115 Cases Produced
- Ribbon Ridge AVA
- 12 Months, 30% New French Oak
- Harvest date September 23-24, 2020
- Bottled date November 5, 2021
With a fine grained structure and a classic savory Ribbon Ridge nose. This dark fruited wine showcases notes of blueberry, blackberry and cigar box with underlining hints of cherry cola and forest floor. Favoring lots of Oregon tones this is a classic example of Pacific Northwest Pinot Noir.
Winery Price: $60.00
Ballentine Vineyards - 2019 Zinfandel (Order Now)
- Winery is located St. Helena
- Tastings Room is in Healdsburg California
- Produce ~3,200 cases annually amongst Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Saucignons and Petit Verdot
- 450 Cases Produced
- Napa Valley
- 94% Zinfandel, 3.75% Malbec, 1.75% Petite Sirah, 0.5% Petit Verdot
- 17 months in 30% New American Oak 10% New French Oak
- Harvest date September 17-27, 2019
- Bottling date May 1, 2022
Our 2019 Zinfandel’s color has a deep purple intensity. 2019 is a rustic, delicious zinfandel with sarsaparilla, dried cranberries, and raspberry jam. Fresh roses, strawberries, and dark cocoa bring this wine to life. Toasted cashews and cherry liquor envelop the palate. Hints of eucalyptus and holiday spices bring savory, herbaceous notes to this medium-bodied wine. The wine has well balanced acidity and an extremely long finish with lingering cherries and raspberries.
Winery Price: $50.00
Brooklyn West - 2014 Tempranillo - Amador County (Order Now)
- Winery is located in Cloverdale, California
- Tastings Room is in Oakland, California in the Jack London Square District
- Produce ~1,200 cases annually amongst mainly Tempranillo, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Barbera, Sauvignon Blanc and Sangiovese of Rose
- 500 Cases Produced
- Amador County
- 100% Tempranillo
- Fermented in open top tanks for 4 days, then 39 months primarially in French Oak 1/3 new, 1/3 once used and 1/3 neutral.
- Harvested date September 20, 2014
- Bottled date January 7, 2018
Full-bodied with bright red cherries, earthy and toffee notes. Superbly balanced. This is Spain's answer to Pinot - very versatile with food.
Winery Price: $40.00
De Novo - 2016 Reserve Zen Cabernet Sauvignon (Order Now)
- Winery is located Cloverdale, California
- No Tastings Room
- Produce ~350 cases annually amongst Cabernet Sauvignon, Blends, Merlot, Pinot and Cremant which is imported from Alsace.
2016 Reserve Zen Cabernet Sauvignon
- 161 Cases Produced
- Alexander Valley Appellation
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aged in 30% New French Oak for 2 years
- Harvest date October 13, 2016
- Bottled in 2018
With a deep purple color and gem like clarity, this wine is a sturdy, classic Cabernet Sauvignon. The nose offers up hints of lavender, blackberry, vanilla, white pepper and leather. The finish is consistent from front, to mid to back palate, with multiple layers of dark forest berries and finishes off with lingering plum. This is a balanced wine with strong backbone, great balance, and was developed with passion and precision, to represent the qualities of Zen.
Winery Price: $65.00
Aratas - 2017 Shake Ridge Ranch Petite Sirah (Order Now)
- Winery is located Napa, California
- Tastings Room by private appointment only
- Produce ~1,800 cases annually amongst primary Petite Sirah, also Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Rose and a red blend the “ Veneration”
2017 Shake Ridge Ranch Petite Sirah
- 375 Cases Produced
- Amador County- Shake Ridge Ranch Vineyard
- 100% Petite Sirah (blocks G-3, B-Lower, and B-2)
- 28 months in 50% New Hungarian Oak barrels
- Harvested early October 2017
- Bottled date February 20, 2020
Rich and structured, this wine has expressive aromas of current, blackberry, Aleppo and black pepper., braised pork and a hint of aromatic sweetness of roast duckling and cigar box. The juicy nature on the palate is reminiscent of a baked rhubarb pie and sun ripened raspberries plucked from the vine in the heat of summer. Subtle spice notes of cardamom, red licorice and sandalwood linger on the finish.
Winery Price: $58.00