Q2 2021 - Wine Club Shipment
Welcome to your Q2 2021 Wine Club shipment!
The wines included in the club shipment were approved by the WineSavage Tasting Panel.
On behalf of the Wine Club, we have negotiated special pricing with the wineries that enables you to purchase these at ‘wine club prices’, without being beholden to a single winery’s club.
If you wish to reorder any of these wines, visit our online shop to order a-la-carte selections at discounted prices.
Sola Winery (Reorder)
Sola Winery is a small independent endeavor with big ambitions. In 2007 friends and business partners Tim Halikas and Greg Buonocore launched Sola with the goal of producing the highest quality West Coast wines as possible while maintaining the lowest possible sustainable prices.
As Tim puts it, "Thankfully I live frugally."
2017 Sauvignon Blanc, Columbia Valley, Washington
- 500 cases produced
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Fermented in 100% Stainless steel tanks
Citrus, wet grass and green apple are what you first encounter when you approach this wine. Clean fresh acidity with lingering tangerine notes make for a very enjoyable finish.
Winery Price: $15.00
Brooks Note (Reorder)
- Winery located in Petaluma, CA with a public tasting room open at the end of June
- Produce ~1,100 cases per year across Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Rose, a few Pinot Noirs and a Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre Blend
2018 Marin Country Pinot Noir
- 200 cases produced
- 100% Pinot Noir from Marin County/Petaluma Gap
- 18 months on 1/3 new French Oak
Our 2018 Marin County Pinot Noir has a bouquet of tart cherry, blackberry, black tea, sandalwood and new leather. On the palate, it has a structured entry and lovely, round mouth feel with flavors of cherry, blackberry, figs, cola and black tea. It finishes with bright cherry, cedar, sandalwood, blackberries and a hint of sage. This is a beautiful wine that will pair with dinner or shine during cocktail hour.
Scored 93 pts in the June/July Wine Enthusiast.
Winery Price: $38.00
Comartin Cellars (Reorder)
- Located in San Carlos, CA with tastings by appointment only
- Produce approx 3,000 cases per year, including Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Grenache, Syrah and Petite Sirah
- Owner/Winemaker Adam Comartin previously made wines with Testarossa Winery in Los Gatos for 10 years before starting his own winery, focused on making artisanal wines from special vineyards. Currently he has produced more than (50) 90+ wines under the Comartin and Porterhouse brands over the last 10 years.
2018 Cuvee Cassidy GSM
- 300 cases produced
- 35% Grenache, 50% Syrah, 15% Mourvédre
18 months in 15% new French oak barrels
Cuvee’ Cassidy is a special barrel selection of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvédre dedicated to our youngest daughter, Cassidy. The wine was crafted from acclaimed vineyards in Santa Ynez Valley of Santa Barbara.
GSM is an acronym for a wine consisting of the 3 grape varieties: Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvédre, which are common varieties historically linked to the Rhone area in southern France. Thus, it is commonly referred to as a “Rhone Style” blend.
Bright aromas of berry, jam, dried herbs, rosemary, & sandalwood followed by notes vanilla, oak, spice and a soft, round finish.
Winery Price: $49.00
Bushong Vintage Company (Reorder)
- Located in Paso Robles, with a tasting room by reservation only
- Produce 1200 cases per year, across an average of 10 SKUs, with a focus on Rhone varietals and an emphasis on Tannat, Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre and Petite Sirah.
2019 Paso Robles 'Same Deep Water as You' Red Blend
- 150 cases produced
- 50% Carignan 33% Tempranillo and 17% Garnacha
- All lots were fermented separately in small fermentation vessels, gently pressed and aged for 19 months in 100% French oak, 33% new.
The 2019 SDWAY is a by far the sexiest wine we’ve bottled from the vintage to date! Deep garnet colored. The Carignan provides a silky mouthfeel, plush and full. The Tempranillo adds a firm backbone of tannic structure to the blend while the Garnacha brings in glycerol and feminine weight. Aromas of fresh raspberry and ripe strawberry dominate. Black cherry and dried fig provide secondary notes. Light tobacco and baking spices from the French oak contribute to the wines overall spectrum of aroma.
The wine has a sophisticated elegance, heavy but pure and smooth. Punchy tannins calmed by balanced acidity create a full mouthfeel and lengthy finish.
Artwork from the incredible Alex Wezta! His work has graced the gig posters of the Black Keys, Sigur Ros, and Tool. Thrilled to have him as a collaborator!
Winery Price: $45.00
B Wise Vineyards (Reorder)
- Based in Kenwood, CA, the tasting room is by appointment only.
- Produce 4,000 cases per year of Napa Valley wines, and 5,000 cases of Sonoma Valley wines
- B. Wise owns & operates three wineries (2 Sonoma, 1 Napa). The owner, Brion Wise, owns over 50+ acres of grapes in Sonoma County and is in partnership in over 500 acres of grapes in Napa Valley.
B. Wise is a wine project founded by proprietor Brion Wise that brings together the best that Sonoma and Napa vineyards have to offer. As part of that, they sought winemaking expertise that would allow them to take the best advantage of extraordinary vineyard sites. In 2002 they began working with Massimo Monticelli, who came from Silver Oak, as the winemaker for the B. Wise Estate. Mark Herold brings depth to their Napa Cabernet portfolio from his pioneering oenology work for Joseph Phelps and his own successful Merus Cabernet.
2018 Wisdom Cabernet Sauvignon
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Napa Valley 75%/Sonoma Valley 25%
- Aged in 25% new oak for 20 months
Morello cherry, blackberry, cassis and black raspberry fruits with touches of graphite, cocoa powder, sage, tobacco leaf, red earth and mineral. Vanilla and warm oak notes accent the supple tannins. The pleasing finish is soft and caressing with vibrancy and freshness.
Winery Price: $36.00
Muscardini Cellars (Reorder)
- Small, family-owned winery in Kenwood, CA (Sonoma) that produces ~5,000 cases per year
- Public tasting room is located in Kenwood, where you can sample their other productions: Sangiovese, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Rosato, Red Blends and Vermouth.
- Muscardini Cellars is a small winery focused on catering to their customers and providing a first class experience. Their grapes are sourced from premium vineyards and personally selected by Muscardini’s winemaker, which lends itself to their luxury wine selections.
- 1,011 cases produced
- Super-Tuscan style blend consisting of 52% Sangiovese, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 21% Syrah.
One of the most remarkable vintages of our Tesoro, this 2017 vintage highlights wild savory flavors that include white cherry, hibiscus, dried rose petal, heirloom tomato, pineapple sage, cedar and sweet tobacco leaf. A fantastic wine to pair with a slightly smokey gouda, herbaceous genoa salami, and slow roasted pork shoulder and beef tenderloin. A hearty stew or Osso Buco are some other favorite dishes Michael Muscardini highly recommends pairing this robust blend with.
Winery Price: $52.00