Q2 2022 - Wine Club Shipment
Welcome to your Q2 2022 Wine Club shipment!
The wines included in the club shipment were approved by the WineSavage Tasting Panel.
On behalf of the Wine Club, we have negotiated special pricing with the wineries that enables you to purchase these at ‘wine club prices’, without being beholden to a single winery’s club.
If you wish to reorder any of these wines, visit our online shop to order a-la-carte selections at discounted prices.
Sullivan Wine (Order Now)
- Tasting Room in Rutherford by appointment only
- ~3500 cases produced annually: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Rose
2020 Estate Rosé
- 300 cases produced
- 84% Merlot 16% Malbec
- Fermented in steel barrels
What a beautiful looking rose! Soft pink with a slight tinge of orange gives the wine a very delicate appearance, yet the clarity and brilliance of the wine adds a sense of polish and vibrancy. Immediately upon pouring the wine into the glass citrus notes of grapefruit, blood orange and a dash of lime fill the air. Juicy kiwi and strawberry add complexity and richness to this bright, fresh, quenching wine that is sure to be a crowd pleaser
Winery Price: $40.00
Canihan Wines (Order Now)
- No public tasting room; private tastings at the vineyard in Sonoma by-appointment only
- Produce ~900-1800 cases across Chardonnay, Rose, Syrah, and occasionally 25-50 cases of Cabernet Franc
- Vineyard is 24 years old. Certified organic by CCOF since 2008, and they grow their grapes without irrigation (Dry-Farmed). Their first vintage of Syrah was awarded “Best in Show Red Wine” at the prestigious San Francisco International Wine Competition from more than 4,300 wine entered. Subsequent vintages continue to receive “Gold” or “Double Gold” medals from the SF Chronicle and SF International Wine Competitions.
2013 Pinot Noir
- 726 cases produced.
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Sonoma Coast and Sonoma Valley
- Aged 18 months in 100% French Oak, 20% new oak barrels 80% neutral barrels/stainless steel fermentation
The 2013 growing season was nearly perfect, which allowed for gradual ripening. This elegant, dark and textural Pinot Noir displays exotic spices wrapped in embracing layers of blackberry, vibrant bing cherry, earl grey tea and dark chocolate.
"Fully ripe and plush and long on black cherry fruit with plenty of palatal weight, a complete and generous Pinot that favors richness yet stays away from over-the-top excess and is well-balanced. It is defined first and foremost by fruit..." Connoisseur's Guide to CA Wine.
Winery Price: $55.00
Idle Cellars (Order Now)
- Produced at Deerfield Ranch Winery in Kenwood
- Tours and tastings by apointment
- Produce ~1,200 cases per year.
- We craft 5 varietals/year. Current menu includes Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Chardonnay, Grenache Blanc, Rosè of Grenache, Grenache, Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Our wines are handcrafted, small lot, low sulfites, Sonoma based, vineyard-designate from organic or sustainable farms. We spend more time in the vineyard, thus less time manipulating the wines in the winery.
- We have been crafting Idle Cellars since 2006.
- Our motto is to Enjoy your Idle Moment. To expand on the idleness, our customers send us their written moments of being idle, and the best ones are turned into the back of the wine labels. Each SKU tells a different story from our followers.
- 418 cases produced
- Kick Ranch Vineyard, Sonoma County
- 100% Grenache
- Handpicked, hand-sorted, destemmed. 3-day cold soak then fermentation in stainless steel tank.
Aged in 100% Neutral French Oak barrels for 16 months.
In the duff beneath a redwood canopy, a pair of hawks are having a picnic at dusk. Our 2017 Grenache is a dry, fruit-forward, well-balanced wine of acidity, tannins, and body. Raspberries, cinnamon, cherries, strawberries, star anise, and black cherries are some of the flavors that come through. An adult fruit roll-up if you will. Pairs well with seared tuna steak, roasted root vegetables, braised short ribs, and carnitas tacos.
Winery Price: $35.00
Stanton Barrett Family Wines (Order Now)
- Based in Temecula, California
- Our first vintage year was 2016, which we released in 2018. We are still a relatively young brand and Stanton Barrett Family Wines does not have a public tasting room just yet.
- Produced ~2,200 cases in 2017
- In 2017, Stanton Barrett Family Wines produced 14 different wines. Red varietals include: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Sangiovese, Petite Sirah, and a Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé. White varietals include: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, and Muscat Canelli.
- Stanton’s heart and soul go into every aspect of the process to create the wine from start to finish. He enjoys the complete artform: from selecting the bottles, labels, barrels and other secrets of creation to what’s produced as Stanton Barrett Family Wines. His commitment to excellence is exemplified by consistent showings at the San Francisco International Wine Competition, where altogether we’ve won 19 tasting medals (out of 20 wines entered), including a Double Gold medal and a score of 94 points for our first vintage year of Copper Falls Pinot Grigio Reserve.
- Stanton Barrett is best known for his spectacular work as a stuntman in over 300 productions and as a professional race car driver for the past 34 years in NASCAR, INDYCAR, TRANSAM and IMSA. One important essential life lesson Stanton has learned is that endless effort, time and care creates quality and excellence.
2017 Barrett Family Reserve Syrah
- 145 cases produced.
- Temecula/ South Coast AVA
- 100% Syrah
- 23 months in new oak barrels
Blackberry, red berries, and boysenberry with soft leather on the nose to earthy minerals. Fruit forward, lending to subtle tannins with a soft mouthfeel, earthy minerals and a lingering toast alluding to the long finish.
Winery Price: $47.95
Muscardini Cellars (Order Now)
- Small, family-owned winery in Kenwood, CA (Sonoma)
- Produces ~5,000 cases per year
- Public tasting room is located in Kenwood, where you can sample their other productions: Sangiovese, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Rosato, Red Blends and Vermouth
- Small winery focused on catering to their customers and providing a first class experience. Their grapes are sourced from premium vineyards and personally selected by Muscardini’s winemaker, which lends itself to their luxury wine selections.
- 1,000 cases produced.
- Super-Tuscan style blend consisting of 52% Sangiovese, 26% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 22% Syrah.
Led by its striking dark crimson hue, this Super Tuscan style wine opens with aromas of ripe berries and black fruits, interwoven with hints of vanilla, caramel, raw tobacco, leather, clove, blood orange peel, and roasted walnuts. On the palate, the rich and generous flavors of briary blackberry, dark cherry, ripe plum, cassis, and red pear are enhanced with nuances of wild sage, cinnamon, black pepper, dark chocolate, and a kiss of fine oak. As the wine opens in the glass, the smooth velvety texture is balanced with bright acidity, supple tannins, and firm structure. The result is a stylish proprietary blend that is robust, elegant, and showy in its youth, and strengthened by layers of complexity, natural richness, and backbone that will allow the personality of the wine to expand in the cellar.
Winery Price: $56.00
Byrd Vineyard (Order Now)
- 2,300 elevation in Mayacamas Range
- No public tasting room; small party accommodations can be made per special appointment to enjoy on porch overlooking the vineyards
- Produce 1,000 cases per year across Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Red Blend, and Chardonnay.
Pioneering California's newest and highest elevations for purest fruit and intense flavor. Byrd Vineyard stays as true as possible to Andre Tchelistcheff methods, "the winemakers winemaker" as Bruce Byrd accredits him to putting Napa Valley on the map.
2015 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- 250 cases produced
- 3 years in 50% new French oak
Beautifully integrated aromas of cassis and dark chocolate lift from the glass. Upon entry the fruit explodes fulfilling the promise of inky black color. Tannins silky but powerful. Layers of cassis, dark cherry and fresh from the oven wild blackberry pie precede sweet French oak. The finish is long, beginning in the glass and ending with one of California's highest elevation vineyards.
Winery Price: $75.00