Q3 2022 - Wine Club Shipment
Welcome to your Q3 2022 Wine Club shipment!
The wines included in the club shipment were approved by the WineSavage Tasting Panel.
On behalf of the Wine Club, we have negotiated special pricing with the wineries that enables you to purchase these at ‘wine club prices’, without being beholden to a single winery’s club.
If you wish to reorder any of these wines, visit our online shop to order a-la-carte selections at discounted prices.
Meadowcroft Wines (Order Now)
- Winery is in Sebastopol, CA
- Tasting Room is Located 23570 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476
- Produce annually ~15,000 Wine produced varies amongst Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet, Viognier, Roussanne, GSM, Cab Franc, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Port, and Red Blends.
2021 Carneros Chardonnay
- 1030 Cases Produced
- 100% Chardonnay
- 60% Stainless Steel tank but also spends 3 months in oak 25% New French Oak and 5% American
- Harvested August 2021
- Bottled February 2022
A lush and aromatic wine, our 2021 vintage of our Carneros
Chardonnay is delightfully complex, with notes of melon
and stone fruit framed by primary flavors of apple and
lemon peel. Secondary suggestions of grilled bread cheese,
mustard seed, pear, and white pepper follow. The finish is
rich and extended, with hints of toasted marshmallows.
Winery Price: $35.00
Medlock Ames (Order Now)
- Winery located at 13414 Chalk Hill Road, Healdsburg
- Tastings are held as well as the Historic Healdsburg Tasting Room located at 3487 Alexander Valley Road, Healdsburg.
- Produce annually ~6,000-8,000 across Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Sparkling wine, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Rose
- Winery is 100% estate and have been certified organic in our farming since 2006.
- Deep commitment to Bell Mountain Vineyard and that comes through in the care given to the land, their people, and their wines.
- This year they're being certified in Regenerative Organic farming and are one of the first members of the International Wineries for Climate Action (IWCA).
- 4,000 Cases Produced
- Varietal Composition: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon 19% Merlot 6% Cabernet Franc 4% Petit Verdot 1% Malbec
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Aged 20 months in 3% new French Oak
- Bottled July 3, 2020
The winter gave us less rainfall than normal with almost all of the precipitation coming in the early spring, so the vineyard had a full profile of water to start the growing season. We saw good early growth, a few warm periods, but no severe heat spikes. The key ripening period in late summer and early fall was cool and sunny, delaying harvest by a week but allowing full flavor development. We were blessed with a vintage we always dream about: abundant fruit of excellent quality.
Winery Price: $48.00
Limerick Lane (Order Now)
- Winery located 1023 Limerick Ln, Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Host indoor and outdoor tastings 7 days a week.
- Produce annually ~4,500 cases across Zinfandel, Syrah, Grenache and GSM Rose
- Original vineyards planted in 1910. Specializing in Zinfandel and Rhone wines
- Family owned and operated
2020 Russian River Valley Zinfandel
- 1354 Cases Produced
- Old Vine, Field Blended Zinfandel
- Russian River Valley
- Aged 18 months in 5% New French Oak Barrels
- Hand picked September 3-16, 2020
- Bottled August 23, 2021
Blackberry, Dark Cherry, Lead Pencil and Underbrush
Cherry, Strawberry, and Wet Stone
Broad, Chewy, Fresh, Lingering
Winery Price: $46.00
Vezer Family Vineyard (Order Now)
- Winery located Mankas Corner in Fairfield, California
- Two tasting rooms one at Mankas Corner Rd and sister winery Blue Victorian on 5071 Suisun Valley Rd also in Fairfield, CA.
- Produce annually 6,000-7,000 cases varied amongst Verdelho, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Sauvignon Blanc.
2017 Petite Sirah
- 510 Cases Produced
- 94% Petite Sirah, 3% Zinfandel, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 30% New American Oak for 20 months
Deep in color and potent in aromas, this full bodied and firmly tannic wine shows complex cedar, tobacco and violet aromas, has a good core of blackberries and black plums and mouth coating texture.
Winery Price: $56.00
Hand of God (Order Now)
- Winery is located in Mendoza, Argentina
- Vineyards located in Uco Valley and Maipu
- Winery offers custom private tastings
- Produce annually ~2,500 amongst Estate Malbec, Estate Merlot, Estate Cabnernet Franc, Estate Syrah, Red Blendy, White blend and Old Vine Malbec.
- Winemaker Santiago Achaval is called a ‘Master of Malbec’
- Vineyards, wines and winemakers are natives of Argentina.
- Hand of God has taken the best, most efficient winemaking approaches from both the new and old world, pushing boundaries in the way our consumers experience our wine. Vineyard soil is still plowed by horse even though tractors can do it faster and hand pick grapes rather than use a machine.
- 500 Cases Produced
- Uco Valley
- 100% Syrah
- New French Oak for 18 months
This Syrah is just beginning to show signs of secondary and tertiary aromas revealing black and red peppercorns, violets, cured meat, mushroom, pencil shavings, menthol, mint, crushed rock, coffee, and cocoa nibs. An opulent style of Syrah – very Californiaesque – with lifted aromas, brimming with copious amounts of macerated berries, black fig jam, crème de violet, Copa cola, and fennel. A heavy weight wine boasting black and purple fruit leather, regal tannins, black cherry cordial and high alcohol. Overall a generous, sexy, and anguine Syrah
Winery Price: $24.00
Bellarina 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley (Order Now)
- Vineyards however are 1,800 acres located in Knights Valley at the Bavarian Lion Vineyards
- Tasting room is located at 422 Healdsburg Ave in Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Produce annually ~1,500 cases amongst Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux Blend
2017 Bellarina Cabernet Sauvignon
- 265 Cases Produced
- 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc
- Appellation: Knights Valley
- 18 months, 25% New French Oak Barrels
- Harvested October 11-12, 2017
- Bottled April 23, 2019
2017 was another drought year, though the effects on Knights Valley were mostly beneficial. It was another early year throughout – early bud break, fruit set, veraison, and harvest - with a warm spring and hot summer. The evenings cooled off greatly, allowing for the grapes to ripen steadily. The early harvest produced a big crop of dense, charming, cellar-worthy wines including our 2017 Bellarina Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley. It blends 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Cabernet Franc, to create an accessible, rich, full-flavored red wine. The wine is smooth and medium-bodied, and has notes of black plum, mocha, and elderberry. The soft, silky tannins make it easy to enjoy right now and for the next 5-6 years.
Winery Price: $42.00