- Winery is located St. Helena
- Tastings Room is in Healdsburg California
- Produce ~8,200 cases annually amongst Zinfandel, petit syrah, Rhone Marsanne/Roussanne White wine and a Rosé
BACA Is Gutsy, Intense & Inspired. When created BACA had one mission in mind: to make luxury, craft Zinfandels that are nuanced, honest, and current. Wine for people like them: the curious, the adventuresome, the lovers of life, with a gleam in their eye and a penchant for the uncharted.
BACA is Latin for berry, so that’s where we started and that is our goal to perfect their wines. Bounding headlong into some of California’s most noted growing regions—Calistoga, Russian River, Rockpile, Howell Mountain, and Paso Robles—we sourced the most intriguing fruit for our wines. Grapes from gorgeously old vines and historic areas, which we transformed using masterful winemaking techniques into wines that reflect the unique places in which they’re grown.
2019 Somersault - Pacini Vineyard Mendocino Zinfandel
- 480 Cases Produced
- Mendocino, Pacini Vineyard
- 95% Zinfandel, 5% Carignan
- Steel primary fermentation, oak secondary/malolactic fermentation 44% New French Oak for 10 months
Medium ruby-purple, the nose of the 2019 Somersault Zinfandel opens to a fresh perfume of crushed raspberry and red plum fruits, interwoven with savory layers of cracked pepper and tarragon. A firm, consistent tannin structure frames the rich fruit with a wound up energy that will relax beautifully over the years. A sensation of salinity follows, leading to a refreshingly austere finish.