2880 Wines Napa Valley
- Based in Calistoga, CA at 2880 Foothill Blvd.
- They are a tiny family-run winery with a world-class winemaker, Peter Heitz. Their name comes from their address and the number of minutes in a 48-hour period.
- They do not have a public tasting room (Calistoga doesn’t permit it because they are in a residential area), but they are happy to take their tastings on the road.
- Produces a total of ~600 cases annually.
2013 Napa Red
- Produced 280 cases
- 65% Grenache, 31% Petite Sirah, 4% Syrah
- Aged in second turn French Oak for about 18 months
A balance of fresh red berries and dark black fruits with a lovely hint of bergamot tea and orange rind. Nicely integrated, ripe tannins carry the ample and nuanced fruit into a pleasing and clean finish. To compliment this field blend, they added McGah Vineyard Grenache, which lifts and focuses the fruit with Rutherford Dust textures, as well as Pocai Vineyard Petite Sirah, which brings concentration and inky depth.