Albertina Wine Cellars
- Based in Hopland, CA
- Fred and Alberta Zmarzly own a 418 acre ranch on the side of a mountain, west of Hopland, CA, of which 17 acres are planted. The name of the winery was chosen by the name Alberta's father used to call her as a little girl: Albertina
- No public tasting room. Tastings are offered by appointment at the vineyard.
- Produce 1,200 cases per year across Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot
2012 Grand Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- 380 cases produced
- 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot
- 26 months in French, American and Hungarian oak, 25% new.
Albertina’s Winemaker, Penny Gadd Coster, made Jordan Winery’s Cabernet Sauvignon for 13 years, and then made wine for Judy Jordan at J Wines for 7 another years. The 2012 Grand Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon presents with ripe black cherries and plums, with hints of vanilla, cloves, cedar, cinnamon and nutmeg. The wine has very firm tannins and good acidity. Decant it and drink now or lay it down in your cellar for a few years to age nicely.