- Winery is located St. Helena
- Tastings Room is in Healdsburg California
- Produce ~3,200 cases annually amongst Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Saucignons and Petit Verdot
We are the largest grower of Chenin in Napa County, once the most widely planted grape in Napa. We are the only grower of Malvasia bianca in Napa county, that we are aware of. The family moved to Napa in 1906 and is on fourth and fifth generations of farming the same properties. Everything we produce, we grow.
2019 Zinfandel - Ballentine Vineyards
- 450 Cases Produced
- Napa Valley
- 94% Zinfandel, 3.75% Malbec, 1.75% Petite Sirah, 0.5% Petit Verdot
- 17 months in 30% New American Oak 10% New French Oak
- Harvest date September 17-27, 2019
- Bottling date May 1, 2022
Our 2019 Zinfandel’s color has a deep purple intensity. 2019 is a rustic, delicious zinfandel with sarsaparilla, dried cranberries, and raspberry jam. Fresh roses, strawberries, and dark cocoa bring this wine to life. Toasted cashews and cherry liquor envelop the palate. Hints of eucalyptus and holiday spices bring savory, herbaceous notes to this medium-bodied wine. The wine has well balanced acidity and an extremely long finish with lingering cherries and raspberries.