- Based in St Helena, CA with a public tasting room. Appointments are recommended, but not required.
- Ballentine Vineyards has been family owned and operated since 1906. The owners, Van & Betty Ballentine, are 90 years old now. Having each been born into the Napa Valley wine business, they've made it their life's work. The Ballentines own 100 acres, so all of their wines are made with estate fruit. They are proud to be the polar opposite of the many corporate wineries in Napa Valley.
- Produces 2,500 cases per year across 12 wines: Chennin Blanc, Chardonnay, a white blend, Malvasia Bianca, Merlot, Petite Sirah, two Zinfandels, Cabernet Franc, two Cabernet Sauvignons and Petit Verdot.
2017 Napa Valley Zinfandel
- 450 cases produced
- 95% Zinfandel, 4% Petite Sirah, 1% Lagrein
- Aged 17 months in oak - 30% new American 10% new French
Our 2017 Zinfandel’s color has a deep purple intensity. This Zinfandel has blueberry/blackberry components and some bright raspberry spiciness. This vintage is exceptionally floral. It has classic flavors of black cherry, clove, and fresh rose petals. The palate’s nature is silky texture. Very jammy, this Zinfandel is complimented by flavors of vanilla and cranberries. The wine has well balanced acidity and an extremely long finish with lingering cherries and raspberries.