C.G. Di Arie
- Located in southern El Dorado County near the El Dorado/Amador County Line. This is in the northeast corner of the California Shenandoah Valley.
- There is a public tasting room open Friday through Monday
- Produces 9,000 cases annually across 14 different wines, all from their 50 acres of estate vineyards
2013 Proprietor’s Blend
- 241 cases produced
- 40% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Cabernet Franc
- 18 months in 1 year old French oak barrels; each varietal aged separately
This is a well-balanced, luscious wine rich in dark fruit aromas and flavors of blackberry, black currant and cherry. These fruit flavors carry to the finish adding nuances of cocoa. This wine has a firm structure with an abundance of tannins that stay soft through the long and sustained finish.