- Based in San Carlos, CA
- After graduating UC Davis in viticulture & enology, Adam Comartin spent 10 years making wines for Testarossa Winery before launching Comartin Cellars full time in 2013. Most of their wines are 100-300 case offerings priced $35-$45. They are pretty exclusive to the Bay Area, so these wines would be very hard for club members elsewhere to find at all.
- No tasting room
- Produces 1,500 cases per year: 10-15 skus focused around Grenache, Rhone varietals, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. Mostly Central Coast (Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz and Monterrey)
2013 Cuvee Cassidy GSM
- 300 cases produced
- 45% Grenache , 50% Syrah, 5% Mourvedre from Santa Ynez Valley (Santa Barbara)
- 17 months in 100% French Oak (12% new oak)
- The wine was named in Tribute to Adam’s youngest daughter, Cassidy
A fairly dark and dense nose of boysenberry and smashed graphite entertain the nose on this blend of 50% Syrah, 45% Grenache and 5% Mourvèdre. The palate is very iron-driven and minerally, with more boysenberry fruit and some concentrated violets giving nuance.