- 55 4th Street, Oakland CA 94607—just off Jack London Square. The tasting room is open 12-6 Thursday-Sunday
- ~10,000 cases produced per year
- They make 18 different wines, including Chenin Blanc; Dry Riesling; a Method Champenoise Sparkling Wine; Rose of Barbera; Cabernet Sauvignon, many different Zinfandels, Grenache, Carignane, Ancient Vines (Mourvedre, Carignane, Zinfandel); Petite Sirah; Late Harvest Zinfandel
- They are a husband/wife winemaking team with a great background in winemaking: Anne with a degree from University of Bordeaux; Mike from UC Davis. Combined, they have over 50 years of winemaking experience, working at such wineries at Chateau Lafite Rothschild, Ridge Vineyards, Ch. La Dominique, Schramsburg Cellars, Far Niente, Chappellet, Cloudy Bay, Remy Martin, etc, before starting Dashe Cellars in 1996..
2016 ‘The Comet’ Red Blend
- 309 cases produced
- 51% Zinfandel, 39% Petite Sirah, 10% Carignane from Sonoma County (Alexander Valley and Sonoma Valley)
- Aged in 15% new French oak; 85% one-year or older French oak for 18 months
A very structured wine, with a beautiful texture, good balance, and firm tannins. The entry is of black cherry, blackberry, and pomegranate, cocoa powder, clove, with a long, spicy, black cherry and black pepper finish. Great weight on the tongue with a slight tannic—almost cabernet-like—structure.