De Novo Wines
- Based in Geyserville, Sonoma
- De Novo Wines are crafted from the finest grapes from small, family-owned vineyards located across Sonoma county (including Dry Creek Valley and Alexander Valley), Mendocino County and Mayacamas Ridge. They make Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, as well as their signature Bordeaux style blend, the Bastille. They also import white wine from their sister winery in Colmar, Alsace that produces a dry Riesling, late harvest Pinot Gris, Brut Cremant d’Alsace and a Gewurztraminer.
- There is no public tasting room
- Produces 750 cases annually
- 254 cases produced
- 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 39% Merlot, 2.5% Cabernet Franc
- Aged 18 months on oak, 25% French Oak
A brilliant garnet in color, this wine is rich with aromas of plum and subtle notes of cedar completing the nose. Smooth and supple in the mouth with silky, medium-full tannins, the palate offers up blackberry and integrated oak spice.