- 1,800 acres located in Knights Valley at the Bavarian Lion Vineyards.
- Tasting room is located in Healdsburg, CA.
- Produces ~1,500 cases annually across Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Bordeaux Blend.
Winemaker is Erin Green who was the Director of Winemaking at Pahlmeyer from 2000-2012. Prior to that she worked alongside Helen Turley at Bryant Family and Colgin Cellars. Owner, Pierre Ehret, is a race car driver and has competed in 10 years of the Le Mans.
2017 Bellarina Cabernet Sauvignon
- 265 Cases Produced
- 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc
- Appellation: Knights Valley
- 18 months, 25% New French Oak Barrels
- Harvested October 11-12, 2017
- Bottled April 23, 2019
2017 was another drought year, though the effects on Knights Valley were mostly beneficial. It was another early year throughout – early bud break, fruit set, veraison, and harvest - with a warm spring and hot summer. The evenings cooled off greatly, allowing for the grapes to ripen steadily. The early harvest produced a big crop of dense, charming, cellar-worthy wines including our 2017 Bellarina Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley. It blends 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Cabernet Franc, to create an accessible, rich, full-flavored red wine. The wine is smooth and medium-bodied, and has notes of black plum, mocha, and elderberry. The soft, silky tannins make it easy to enjoy right now and for the next 5-6 years.