- 2222 N. Third Avenue Napa, California 94558
- Public tasting room is currently closed due to Covid.
- Produces ~1,400 cases per year across 6 different wines - Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Syrah and ALTA (Cabernet/Merlot blend).
- The Farella family was the first to grow Bordeaux Varietals in Coombsville. They planted Cabernet Sauvignon in 1979, at a time they thought it was too cold for cab in the region.
- Tom Farella wrote the AVA petition for Commbsville, which was recognized officially in 2011.
2014 Coombsville, Napa Valley Estate Merlot
- Produced 390 cases
- 97% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon from the estate vineyard in the Coombsville AVA in Napa Valley
- Aged 22 months in 8% new French Oak
Medium-full bodied with somewhat firm tannins in its youth, excellent structure for aging and a long, supple finish. Aromas and flavors of plum/cassis fruit with cedar, smoke and spice. While this wine was tightly knit upon release and for several years to follow, it has matured into a beautiful, medium-bodied classic.
Note: This wine (like many we feature) is unfined/unfiltered. Please be aware of possible sediment accumulation. As with most unfiltered wines, it is best to leave bottles upright between an hour and a day before serving to allow the sediment to settle to the bottom.