Gentleman Farmer Wines
- Winery located in Yountville, CA
- A small-production winery. Each Gentleman Farmer wine tells an authentic story of the seasons and traditions that surround them. They resonate of the place and people who had a hand in crafting them.
- Private tastings only by appointment.
- Produces 600 cases annually
2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 188 cases produced
- On Oak: 80% New/20% used (20 months)
The first impression is black cherry fruit and develops with blackberry, plum, and sassafras. These aromas are very concentrated; baked, dried, and/or stewed. Cocoa nibs and Kahlua weave with aromatic Emperor Norton pipe tobacco and spices to dominate the mid-palate. There is a mix of toffee, and caramel that mingle with a mineral note of crushed stone. The tannin structure is soft, velvety, and supple. The finish is long with cola, and cherry.