- Winery is located in Mendoza, Argentina, with vineyards in Uco Valley and Maipu,
- No tasting room. Tastings by appointment.
- Produce ~2,500 cases annually amongst Estate Malbec, Estate Merlot, Estate Cabernet Franc, Estate Syrah, Red Blendy, White blend and Old Vine Malbec.
- Santiago Achaval, is one of the best winemakers in the world, he is called a ‘Master of Malbec’.
- Vineyards, wines and winemakers are natives of Argentina.
Hand of God has taken the best, most efficient winemaking approaches from both the new and old world, pushing boundaries in the way our consumers experience our wine. They produce unusual Argentine blends and Malbec from some truly old vines that are super-focused, powerful and well-cared for. Vineyard soil is still plowed by horse and grapes are hand picked. They are seriously passionate about the craftsmanship of their wine and wish to bring you premium vintages.
- 500 Cases Produced
- Uco Valley
- 100% Syrah
- New French Oak for 18 months
This Syrah is just beginning to show signs of secondary and tertiary aromas revealing black and red peppercorns, violets, cured meat, mushroom, pencil shavings, menthol, mint, crushed rock, coffee, and cocoa nibs. An opulent style of Syrah – very Californiaesque – with lifted aromas, brimming with copious amounts of macerated berries, black fig jam, crème de violet, Copa cola, and fennel. A heavy weight wine boasting black and purple fruit leather, regal tannins, black cherry cordial and high alcohol. Overall a generous, sexy, and anguine Syrah.