Hearst Ranch Winery
- Based in Paso Robles, CA
- Yes, Hearst as in family of William Randolf Hearst. A name that’s highly recognizable and iconic in California History.
- 2 tasting rooms: San Simeon, CA and Cholame, CA (Central Coast)
- Produces 15,000 cases per year: 14 skus focused on Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Rose, Tempranillo, Merlot, Zin, and their Cuvee blends.
2013 Three Sisters Cuvee
- Produced 2,200 cases
- 42% Syrah, 33% Mourverdre, 25% Grenache from Paso Robles
- 18 months neutral oak
- For Paso Robles wine, it is low alcohol (under 14%). Fresh, clean finish, elegant.
The 2013 Three Sisters Red is a compelling blend of Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre. While these three varietals are related by lineage, they each possess a distinct personality adding intrigue to the composition. The nose opens with bright Grenache driven notes of concentrated raspberry jam. As you continue to inhale, the Mourvedre component delivers secondary notes of spice and hints of wet earth. The dominant Syrah portion brings flavors of ripe plum and structured depth to the mid-palate. This wine has a playful mid-weight viscosity which makes it at ease with or without food.