<p><strong><img width="240" height="71" alt="" src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0103/2801/4899/files/onwhitefullres_-_trimmed_480x480.png?v=1584647605"></strong></p>
Idell Family Vineyards
- Idell Family Vineyards (IFV) is located on Carriger Road, approximately 2.5 miles West of the town of Sonoma. Approximately seven acres of beautiful vineyards are surrounded by Sonoma hills and other vineyards.
- There is no public tasting room
- Produces 400-500 cases annually, including a Chardonnay, Syrah, and a Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre blend.
- Idell Family Vineyards is a family owned grape growing and wine production business. The award winning wines have been recognized as exceptional by Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, James Suckling and others.
2014 Oscar Mixed Blacks
- 147 cases produced
- This is a FIELD blend, not a wine blended after production. The five varietals, according to what we planted in 2006, based on the number of vines, are: Zinfandel, approx. 56%, Petite Syrah, approx. 14%, Carignane, approx. 10%, Mourvedre approx. 10% and Grenache, approx. 10%. All are grown at random in the same vineyard. Because they grow together, are harvested together and are co-fermented, the exact %’s of grapes by weight of each varietal will vary from year to year.
- This is a dry-farmed vineyard. There is no irrigation in the vineyard and it relies only on rainfall.
- 18 months in barrel, 30% new American oak, 70% neutral.
Tasting Notes: The flavor profile of the 2014 Oscar Mixed Blacks includes mulberries, blueberry pie, black cherries and spice, earthy with touches of black pepper. This wine is concentrated and full-bodied with a chewy foundation with a long, spicy finish. It is a great food wine particularly with stews, pot roast, barbequed foods and anything grilled.