- Located at 70 Rapp Lane, Napa, CA. They offer tastings by appointment.
- Italics’ production ranges from 300 cases to 1,800 cases per year.
- Several estate wines are produced under the Italics brand including Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and a few selections of Bordeaux Blends.
Our vineyard is located below Duncan Peak at 1,400 feet of elevation. The terroir here is unique when comparing it to valley floor vineyards near us. Our vines grow under very tough conditions on rocky soils (weathered shale and sandstone). The low organic content and excessive drainage lead to low vigor and low yields. However, is this ideal for premium winemaking as berries are small and concentrated. We also have great diversity in our soils and exposures from block to block, leading to uniquely complex flavors within our own vineyard. Moreover our high density planting forces us to do all vineyard tasks by hand - no tractors or machinery. This allows us to learn the vineyard extremely well and farm it for quality. Winemaking is minimalistic in order to allow the vineyard to shine through. Although not certified organic, we follow many organic farming practices.
Appellations 2017 Terroir Red Blend
- 260 cases produced
- 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc
- It aged 50% in proprietary French oak panel tanks, 50% in stainless steel
A perfumed nose of plum, currant, violets, vanilla, forest floor, and quince. Fresh raspberry attack leads into a juicy mouth of strawberries, red currant, blueberry and fresh tobacco. Fine grain tannins melt into a refreshing finish of pomegranate.