- Winery located in Calistoga, California.
- Public tasting room in San Francisco open Wednesday-Saturdays from 4-8pm. Tastings by appointment only at the winery.
- Produce ~2,500 cases annually across Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Estate Cabernet Franc, Zinfandel and Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 175 Cases Produced
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Appellation: Calistoga, Napa Valley
- Fermented and aged in 100% New French Oak for 22 months
- Harvested: September 18, 2019
- Bottled: July 28th, 2021
The fruit was hand picked and gently processed using our state-of-the-art Pellenc sorting and destemming system. The pristine, whole berry fruit was fermented in a concrete tank fermenter. Time on skins lasted 15-30 days. The finished wine was aged in 100% new, tight grained, French Oak barrels for 22 months. We employ a variety of cooperages including Boutes, Sylvain, Taransaud, Gamba, and Alain Foquet. All Jax wines are produced using 100% native spontaneous yeast. Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
Sourced from the prized block on the JAX Estate, the Block 3 Cabernet reflects the premium clusters selected from the superior pitch of the 1.798 acres on the eastern edge of the Jax vineyard. These clusters are an intense expression of the red rock, alluvial soil at the base of Mt. Saint Helena. The lush fruit driven profile of the 337 clone produces a wine that is well structured with lovely herbal notes on the nose.