Years ago Kivelstadt Cellars was only an idea, the idea that people deserve to drink wines with soul. These wines would come from vineyards with heritage, farmed with the utmost respect for nature, and fermented with low intervention. A combination of these ideals has evolved into a lifestyle. A lifestyle which vintage after vintage results in delicious wine’s which pay homage to California’s terroir.
- Founded in 2007
- Based in Sonoma, making wines from the North Coast
- Sources exclusively from organic vineyards
- Making new California Wines (lower alc, higher acid, minimal intervention)
- Opening CA's first Wine Garden in Carneros June 5th, offering a number of firsts for CA, including wine growlers, a comparative tasting (3 of their wines with 3 like wines that inspire them), and a half acre wine garden
- Eatery on site with food by chef Matt Tucker
- 576 Cases produced
- 61% Carignane, 39% Grenache Noir
- Sourced from the Venturi Vineyard, Mendocino County AVA
The wine is light and steely minerality. Aromas are punctuated by bright cranberry, grapefruit and savor herbs. By using grape varieties made famous in the Rhone we attain a mid palate that makes this perfect with light food or alone!