Lake Family Wines
- Based in Glen Ellen, CA with a tasting room as part of the Spann Vineyards Tasting Room in Kenwood CA
- Produce 2,000 cases per year of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Tempranillo and Mourvedre
- Winery located at 777 Madrone Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442
- Located in the heart of Sonoma Valley, it’s the oldest operating winery in Glen Ellen, producing rich, concentrated wines from 100-year-old vines. In 2012 a small lot winery was added to focus on estate-driven wines – our Madrone Wines. The winery also features a new tasting room, patio, picnic area and bocce court.
2016 Clarksburg Cabernet Sauvignon
- 425 cases produced
- 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Petit Verdot & 7% Malbec
- Aged 20 months in 10% new French oak and 90% used barrels
Extra bold flavors of dried fruit and a lush velvety texture give this full-bodied wine an opulent character. Black fig and dried plum aromas, followed by black currant and cassis flavors lightly accented by sandalwood with some earthy notes. It is mouth filling and reveals a lovely texture with good balance and a very smooth, persistent finish.