Lewis Grace Winery
- Lewis Grace Winery is located in Placerville, CA, half way between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe.
- Public tasting room is open 11-5 daily (closed Tuesdays)
- Produces up to 4,000 cases annually, with 2 Bordeaux, 4 Iberian, 3 Rhône, and 1 Burgundian varietal.
- Their fruit is grown on rare foothill volcanic soils at elevation 3000’, one of the highest vineyards in California.
- The winery is located on a scenic historic ranch along the pony express trail, where grapes were grown on site before and during Prohibition.
2014 El Dorado Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 500 cases produced
- 100% Cab Sauvignon, 75% clone 337, 25% clone 7
- 20 months in barrel, 60% American, 40% French. 70% new oak
The wine exhibits ripe cherry and pepper on the nose, robust and bold mouthfeel, hints of toasted oak and sesame, and bursting with rich dark fruit flavors on the palate. The wine received a Gold medal, 90 score 2018 Orange County Commercial Wine Competition.