- Winery located 1023 Limerick Ln, Healdsburg, CA 95448 where they host indoor and outdoor tastings 7 days a week.
- Produce ~4,500 cases annually across Zinfandel, Syrah, Grenache and GSM Rose.
- Original vineyards planted in 1910. Specializing in Zinfandel and Rhone wines in the Russian River Valley where most others are focused on Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. This very unique site allows them to produce full bodied red wines.
- Family owned and operated.
2020 Russian River Valley Zinfandel
- 1354 Cases Produced
- Appellation: Russian River Valley
- Old Vine, Field Blended Zinfandel
- Aged 18 months in 5% New French Oak Barrels
- Hand picked September 3-16, 2020
- Bottled August 23, 2021
Sonoma County’s Russian River Appellation, while known predominantly for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, is also home to some of the oldest Zinfandel vines in the state.
Originally planted by Italian immigrants as far back as the late 1800’s, Zinfandel is, without a doubt, the wine that the Russian River Valley’s reputation was built upon. Sourced from vineyards planted over a century ago, this wine hearkens back, in many ways, to a different time. While seamless and with unparalleled clarity of flavor and aromas, there is also an undeniable gravity and timelessness that Russian River Zinfandel seems to exude. It may be nothing more than a romantic appreciation for the hands that have tended these vines for over a century. It’s possible that it is a result of the other varieties, now all but extinct, save for a few old Zinfandel vineyards like Peloursin, Negrette, and Petite Sirah, that add more structure, color, and acid than normally found in Zinfandel. Maybe the rocks, the dirt, the morning fog and the afternoon sun come together in these old vineyards a little differently than anywhere else. It may even be all of these special characteristics combined, but the Zinfandel grown in these century old vineyards is undeniably special, totally unique, and completely distinct. - J.B.
Aromas: Blackberry, Dark Cherry, Lead Pencil and Underbrush
Flavors: Cherry, Strawberry, and Wet Stone
Mouthfeel: Broad, Chewy, Fresh, Lingering