Mathew Bruno Wines
- Their tasting room is expected to be opened Fall of 2020, in the heart of the world-class Cabernet growing region of Rutherford. The new tasting room sits on Rutherford Road next to neighbors Elizabeth Spencer Winery, Beaulieu Vineyards and Rutherford Grill.
- Produces approximately 2,000 cases annually
It is safe to say that winemaking is in Mathew Bruno’s blood. Long before he produced his first vintage, Bruno’s Italian-born Grandfather and Great Grandfather had been growing grapes and making wine in their home cellar for more than 50 years. As a child, he recalls fond memories of his family gathered around the table. Noting at an early age how wine brought his uncles, Father, and friends together. A light, pink-hued concoction of 7-Up combined with a drop of red wine was Bruno’s official indoctrination to the coveted beverage at the tender age of 10. After college, Bruno along with his father Matt and brother Tony decided to take their passion for good wines to the next level. Along with Stephens Moody, accomplished winemaker and childhood friend, Bruno went about sourcing the best grapes they could find from highly distinguished vineyards in hopes of producing exceptional wines. Ten years later, on the eve of opening a Rutherford tasting room, the MBW team continues to seek out and source fruit from some of the most sought-after vineyards in Napa and Sonoma, creating wines that are a salute to the importance of bringing family together through the appreciation and enjoyment of good food and wine.
2018 Dry Creek Valley Rose
- 211 cases produced
- Grenache (33%), Syrah (24%), Mourvèdre (19%), Petite Syrah (14%) and Zinfandel (10%)
- Stainless steel fermentation
- Scored 91 points in the 2019 Sunset Magazine International Wine Competition
Maintaining a strong influence of Rosé produced in the Rhone Valley of France, our 2018 Dry Creek Valley Rosé delivers intense flavor cultivated by California’s pristine, long growing season.
A blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Zinfandel and Petite Sirah, our Rosé delivers a smooth tasting experience enriched by melon, strawberry and stone fruit aromas.