- Winery and tasting room located in Healdsburg, California
- Produce ~6,000-8,000 cases across Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Sparkling wine, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Rose.
Winery is 100% estate and have been certified organic in our farming since 2006. They have a deep commitment to Bell Mountain Vineyard and that comes through in the care given to the land, their people, and their wines. This year they're being certified in Regenerative Organic farming and are one of the first members of the International Wineries for Climate Action (IWCA).
2018 Alexander Valley Estate Red
- 4,000 Cases Produced
- Varietal Composition: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon 19% Merlot 6% Cabernet Franc 4% Petit Verdot 1% Malbec
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Aged 20 months in 3% new French Oak
- Bottled July 3, 2020
2018 was a perfect vintage in terms of the growing season and produced a bountiful amount. This is the last vintage of Estate Red.
The winter gave us less rainfall than normal with almost all of the precipitation coming in the early spring, so the vineyard had a full profile of water to start the growing season. We saw good early growth, a few warm periods, but no severe heat spikes. The key ripening period in late summer and early fall was cool and sunny, delaying harvest by a week but allowing full flavor development. We were blessed with a vintage we always dream about: abundant fruit of excellent quality.