- Located at 4242 Big Ranch Rd., Napa, CA 94558
- Family owned and operated winery. Father, Jay Corley, came to Napa Valley in 1969 seeking land to plant and grow an estate vineyard. Forty plus years later, sons Kevin, Chris and Stephen manage the winery.
- Public tasting room open to walk-ins and reservations
- Produces 15,000 cases annually designated Monticello Vineyards, Corley Reserve and Corley
- 2200 cases produced
- 94% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc
- Aged in French oak barrels for 28 months prior to bottling
The 2013 Merlot displays a nice deep garnet tone. The aromas are full and bright, with a lively beam of acidity and an appealing hint of lightly toasted oak, slight spice and vanilla. On the palate the wine is full bodied with a modest attack. The supple flavors are of classic red fruits. It is well-balanced from front to finish, with a well-rounded texture on the mid-palate. The wine has a long soft finish with just a trace of brightness, and a dash of tannin. Drink now through 2025.