- Winery is located in St. Helena, California
- Tastings Room is in St. Helena, California
- Produce ~4,000 cases annually amongst Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Sangiovese, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Barbara, Petite Sarah, Zinfandel
Pestoni Family Estate Winery upholds the high standards and practices of our great-great-grandfather’s winemaking tradition without compromise. From growing to harvest, fermentation to bottling, every step in our process is accomplished by hand to achieve the purest expression of place. For us, winemaking is not a business, it is our heritage. We are honored to produce premium wines that not only express the distinct personalities of each of our estate vineyards, but also preserve something of our family history.
2013 Howell Mountain Estate Merlot - Pestoni Family
- 300 Cases Produced
- Howell Mountain, Napa Valley
- 100% Merlot
- 22 Months in 100% French Oak
This distinctive mountain-top Merlot is dark and intense with notes of toasted cedar, wild brambleberry and smoky tobacco. Ripe, fleshy black fruit and deep chocolate flavors give way to a velvety mouthfeel while soft oak tannins complement the classic Howell Mountain minerality. This wine is drinking beautifully today, and will continue to develop for at least another 8 - 10 years.