- Winery located in Saint Helena, CA
- At his Kidd Ranch Vineyard, Paul Skinner works in a tradition common to turn-of-the-19th-century Europe, when vignerons lived in their vineyards and knew them well. He sees his vines every morning and evening and continually assesses their viticultural characteristics such as the light infiltration into the fruit zone, vine nutrient and water status, crop load and ripening rate. This hands-on approach is augmented with Paul’s scientific expertise. It’s all part of Paul’s ongoing quest to grow the best possible grapes at Kidd Ranch. The resulting Sequum wines are produced and bottled at Pride Mountain Vineyards under supervision of Sally Johnson.
- No public tasting room.
- Produces 800 cases annually including Zinfandel, Syrah and Red Blend.
2014 Napa Valley Mixt Red
- 210 cases produced
- Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah and Zinfandel
- 16 months in 40% new French and American oak barrels
Lots of blackberry and dark cherry nuances are accented by spicy notes of white pepper and black olive. Deep and rich, the blend has a long finish with a nice balance of acidity and tannin.