Stanton Barrett Family Wines
- Based in Temecula, California
- Our first vintage year was 2016, which we released in 2018. We are still a relatively young brand and Stanton Barrett Family Wines does not have a public tasting room just yet.
- Produced ~2,200 cases in 2017
- In 2017, Stanton Barrett Family Wines produced 14 different wines. Red varietals include: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Sangiovese, Petite Sirah, and a Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé. White varietals include: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, and Muscat Canelli.
- Stanton’s heart and soul go into every aspect of the process to create the wine from start to finish. He enjoys the complete artform: from selecting the bottles, labels, barrels and other secrets of creation to what’s produced as Stanton Barrett Family Wines. His commitment to excellence is exemplified by consistent showings at the San Francisco International Wine Competition, where altogether we’ve won 19 tasting medals (out of 20 wines entered), including a Double Gold medal and a score of 94 points for our first vintage year of Copper Falls Pinot Grigio Reserve.
- Stanton Barrett is best known for his spectacular work as a stuntman in over 300 productions and as a professional race car driver for the past 34 years in NASCAR, INDYCAR, TRANSAM and IMSA. One important essential life lesson Stanton has learned is that endless effort, time and care creates quality and excellence.
2017 Barrett Family Reserve Syrah
- 145 cases produced.
- Temecula/ South Coast AVA
- 100% Syrah
- 23 months in new oak barrels
Blackberry, red berries, and boysenberry with soft leather on the nose to earthy minerals. Fruit forward, lending to subtle tannins with a soft mouthfeel, earthy minerals and a lingering toast alluding to the long finish.