- A virtual winery run by Eliot and Alice Sutro out of their little vineyard cottage at Warnecke Ranch and Vineyard where the grapes are sourced. The grapes are crushed and processed at Medlock Ames where they have full control of the winemaking.
- No public tasting room, but Alice hosts vineyard tours at Warnecke Ranch (30 min nature hike and vineyard tour) and follows it up with a 3 wine tasting flight and meat/cheese platter at Jimtown Store or SHED.
- Produces about 500 cases annually
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 260 cases produced
- 93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks; 20 months on 20% new oak
Rich purple color. Gorgeous aromatic waves of cassis, black cherry, and blueberry, mixed with complex notes of eucalyptus, anise, dark roast coffee, dark earth and charcoal. Full and structured with firm tannins but it has a velvety feel and refreshing acidity. Flavors of chilled blueberries, rich black currant, bold fruit but stays fresh. Lots of complex earth, herbal and savory elements (eucalyptus, smashed rocks, asphalt, pencil shavings, mushroom).