- VIE Winery is located on Treasure Island where all wine is made. The tasting room is open to the public.
- VIE Winery is San Francisco’s oldest urban winery, founded in 2004.
- They produce 1,200 cases per year of primarily Rhone varietals.
2014 L'Intruse Mourvèdre
- Produced 150 cases
- 87% Mourvèdre, 12% Syrah, 1% Grenache
- Aged 18 months in neutral French Oak Barrels
- Named “Top Mourvèdre in America” receiving Best of Class at the American Fine Wine Competition
VIE is San Francisco’s oldest urban winery, founded in 2004. Originally located in an old mayonnaise factory in the lower Potrero Hill area of San Francisco, VIE Winery along with two others were responsible for founding the first working winery in San Francisco, fueling the current urban winery movement in the city.
In 2014, we received the best Mourvèdre fruit by far to date from the Thompson vineyard. The looser clusters and smaller berries contributed to more concentrated, complex fruit flavors. On the nose, blackberry fruit dominates with hints of truffles, tobacco, and underlying herbal notes. Black raspberry, currant, and charcoal unfold in layers of fruit and Asian spice on the palate with subtle tannins and firm acid, which creates movement on the palate. The tannins carry this medium bodied, yet focused and aggressive wine into a finish with notes of red raspberry fruit, black pepper spice, and hints of toasted oak. This wine is meant to be paired with food and should be enjoyed within the next 6 to 8 years.